As the most successful Alaska Native Village Corporation, Chenega Corporation figures prominently in the diverse government services contracting marketplace, and in the forefront among other Alaska Native Corporations’ service to their Shareholders and their community.
Well known in the industry as a socially and ethically responsible enterprise, Chenega’s corporate culture is steeped in the values and ethics that flow from its Alaska Native leaders. Those values distinguish Chenega as “a corporation for a higher cause,” where a substantial portion of profits are dedicated to elevating the Chenega Community and its people to lives of self-sufficiency and a sustainable, productive future. The Corporation also leads the way among Alaska Native Corporations in providing consistent dividends and in supporting comprehensive cultural, social, religious and community, initiatives, programs and projects.
Chenega’s business model adopts a corporate-wide strategy of hiring extraordinary people who consistently deliver exceptional contract performance to our customers. It offers customer-centric solutions through a comprehensive portfolio of industry focused business units managed by seasoned industry leaders.
Chenega Corporation has the dual mission of succeeding in business to assist its Shareholder, descendants and family members in their journey to economic and social self-determination and self-sufficiency, and to create and support comprehensive cultural, societal and community activities.
- To be a nationally recognized provider of professional services
- To earn a profit by delivering high-quality services to our customers
- To invest wisely so as to provide distributions for Chenega Corporation Shareholders in perpetuity
- To preserve and protect Chenega Corporation lands for future generations
- To preserve and protect the right, livelihood and cultural heritage of our native people
- To provide shareholder services that will build opportunity & capability for current and future Chenega Corporation shareholders, including: education, employment opportunities, training and development, and to foster individual growth and well-being
- To ensure that Chenega Corporation engages in responsible business with our customers and partners in a visionary, innovative, competitive, and progressive manner, to provide for long term corporate stability
- To attract, develop, compensate, reward, and retain a world-class workforce this is guided by our value system, and is focused on exceeding the expectations of our customers
- To acknowledge the many opportunities, successes, and blessings that have been bestowed on the Chenega people and this Corporation
- To assist the broader family of native and disadvantaged small businesses by promoting their development and engaging in responsible business pursuits with them
- To be good citizens within our communities by being responsible and contributing to good causes